About the blog

Ever felt like you no longer know what else to eat in the campus anymore? Fret not, for this blog will be a guide to food in Temasek Polytechnic, across all the different faculties. Stay with me to find out which school has the yummiest food, tastiest drinks and even cafe-quality food! Most importantly, at an affordable price.
Bon Appetit!

Saturday 23 May 2015

SUGARLOAF


This week, I'll be talking about Sugarloaf, which is a training cafe in Temasek Polytechnic run by students in Temasek Culinary Academy (TCA) . This cafe is actually a hidden gem in the campus, there are still quite a big percentage of people that have never been here or not even know of its existence. 



On my visit to Sugarloaf, I decided to try what it's famous for ( yup, desserts!) while my other friends tried their mains. But I found out that the other types of desserts they serve were already snatched up by the early birds! (sigh) I was left with only one choice.
 Not wanting to make an  wasted  trip,  I tried the Caramel Pudding with fresh fruits on top. It is definitely visual appealing, as the top of the pudding was stained golden brown by the caramel sauce. The fresh fruits was really yummy too! Sometimes, i'll get disappointed by the freshness of the fruits on the desserts served by other places but this was of good quality.
The pudding was soft but also dense at the same time and I loved its texture. The sauce went well with the whole dessert, however, there was a slight bitterness to the end of it. ( hmmmm ) Perhaps it was the caramelizing process! But overall , the caramel pudding did not disappoint me and will not disappoint people with a sweet tooth.

I made the mistake of visiting too late. When i reached, the place was already filled with the hungry lunch crowd and as a result, missed out on so many other delicious choices. I'm not going to make the same mistake the next time I head back (which is very soon) and haunt down the famous and highly recommended, Creme Brulee!

Location : Temasek Culinary Academy (Block 31, Level 1)                             Telephone : 6780 6363                                                                                 Operating Period: 18 May 2015 - 29 May 2015,2 June 2015 – 14 August 2015
Operating hours: Mon to Fri: 10.30am to 2.00pm                                                                               Closed on Sat, Sun, Public Holidays, Vacation Test & Exam Periods Price Range: > $10 ( $3-$7)

See you next week for another stop filled with delicious food found in nowhere other than Temasek Polytechnic!

Have a good week ahead, bye!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the great review on this but is this halal? I'd definitely bring my Muslim friends there next week if possible! Hope to hear more from you soon. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've read what you written and i think the Sugarloft seems like a really nice place to hangout. I would love to try the pudding soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete